Almaty, 19 May 2023 – Kcell Joint Stock Company (“Company”) (KASE: KCEL) – one of the leading providers of mobile telecommunications services in Kazakhstan, announces the results of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of shareholders held on May 18, 2023.
The AGM agenda included the following items:
1. On the approval of Kcell JSC Annual Financial Statements for 2022;
2. On the approval of the distribution of Kcell JSC net income for the financial year 2022, and the approval of the size of the dividend payout per one ordinary share;
3. On shareholder enquires concerning the actions of the Company and its officials and the results of their consideration
The AGM has adopted the following decisions by a simple majority of votes:
1. To approve the Kcell JSC audited IFRS Separate and Consolidated Financial Statements for the year ended 31 December 2022.
2. The net income of Kcell JSC for fiscal year 2022 shall be retained and no dividends on common shares of Kcell JSC shall be paid.
3. To take note of the information on shareholder enquiries concerning the actions of the Company and its officials in 2022.
Authorized person for Stock Exchange
Kcell is a national provider of the digital telecommunications services: mobile and fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) services, data transmission and Internet access, financial services, digital services and mobile applications, IT solutions in the field of system integration, the Internet of things, machine-to-machine connectivity, collection and processing of big data and cloud computing. Kcell is also a leading mobile operator in Kazakhstan providing the ‘smartphone+tariff’ service.
Kcell has become the largest digital ecosystem in Kazakhstan with a competitive advantage through its value-added services such as mobile financial services, mobile TV, online movies, music, books and magazines, as well as unique solutions for business customers. The company holds leading positions in the B2B market thanks to its strategy of vertical infrastructure solutions and development and implementation of the cutting-edge technologies. The company’s 4G/LTE network covers 67.5% of the country’s population and provides high quality services.
The company operates under its two brands – Kcell and activ that are widely recognized in our highly competitive telecom market due to the high quality of customer service. Thanks to its clear multi-brand architecture, Kcell increases its business efficiency in the B2C segment through optimal pricing for bundled offerings, customer base profitability management and network quality.