Almaty, 19 April 2022 – Kcell Joint Stock Company (“Kcell” or the “Company”) (KASE: KCEL), the leading provider of mobile telecommunications services in Kazakhstan, notifies that its Board of Directors has decided to convene the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders of Kcell JSC (“AGM”) on 19 May 2022 at 11:00 (Almaty time) at the following address: 51, Alimzhanov street, Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan. The AGM will be held in person with registration staring at 10:00 (Almaty time).
In the event that the AGM does not take place on the above date, it will be rescheduled for 31 May 2022 at 11:00 (Almaty time).
Shareholders registered by the Central Securities Depositary as shareholders in the registrar of holders of shares as of 19 April 2022 (00:00 Almaty time) are entitled to attend the AGM.
To register, participants will need to provide their identity documents and trustees are required to present a power of attorney to participate in the meeting with the right to vote.
Proposed agenda of the Annual General Meeting of Shareholders:
- On determination of the composition and term of office of the Kcell JSC Counting Commission and election of its members;
- The approval of Kcell JSC Annual Financial Statements for 2021;
- The approval of the distribution of Kcell JSC net income for the financial year, the decision on the dividend payment on ordinary share and the size of the dividend payout per one ordinary share;
- The election of a new Board of Directors of Kcell JSC;
- The approval of amendments to the Regulations on the Board of Directors of Kcell JSC;
- On approval of amendments to Regulation on the amount and conditions for payment of remuneration and reimbursement of expenses to independent members of the Board of Directors of Kcell JSC for performance of their duties;
- On shareholder requests regarding the performance of Kcell JSC and its executives and results of their consideration.
Materials on the agenda
The Company’s shareholders can access the materials relating to the above agenda of the AGM of Shareholders by sending a request with documents certifying the shareholder’s status attached to the following e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Company’s executive office of the Management Board at the following address: 51, Alimzhanov street, Almaty, Republic of Kazakhstan. The materials of the AGM will be available for shareholders to review not later than 10 days before the meeting. Shareholders can request to have materials to be sent to them within three working days of the receipt of such a request. Charges for copies of the documents and document delivery are at the expense of shareholders.
|Investor RelationsIrina Shol||Tel: +7 7012111202Investor_relations@kcell.kz|
Kcell is a national provider of the digital telecommunications services: mobile and fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) services, data transmission and Internet access, financial services, digital services and mobile applications, IT solutions in the field of system integration, the Internet of things, machine-to-machine connectivity, collection and processing of big data and cloud computing. Kcell is also a leading mobile operator in Kazakhstan providing the ‘smartphone+tariff’ service.
Kcell has become the largest digital ecosystem in Kazakhstan with a competitive advantage through its value-added services such as mobile financial services, mobile TV, online movies, music, books and magazines, as well as unique solutions for business customers. The company holds leading positions in the B2B market thanks to its strategy of vertical infrastructure solutions and development and implementation of the cutting-edge technologies. The company’s 4G/LTE network covers 67.5% of the country’s population and provides high quality services.
The company operates under its two brands – Kcell and activ that are widely recognized in our highly competitive telecom market due to the high quality of customer service. Thanks to its clear multi-brand architecture, Kcell increases its business efficiency in the B2C segment through optimal pricing for bundled offerings, customer base profitability management and network quality.