Almaty, 16 September 2022 – Kcell Joint Stock Company (“Kcell” or the “Company”) (KASE: KCEL), one of the leading providers of mobile telecommunications services in Kazakhstan, informs its shareholders and investors that on 15 September 2022 its Board of Directors has adopted the following decisions:
- To elect Malik Amardinov member of the Management Board, Chief Digital Development Officer of Kcell JSC, effective 15 September 2022;
- To terminate the term of office of Yuri Kharlamov Chief Operating Officer, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board of Kcell JSC, effective 16 September 2022 by agreement of the parties.
The new composition of the Management Board of Kcell JSC:
- Askhat Uzbekov – Chairman of the Management Board, Chief Executive Officer;
- Maria Averchenko – member of the Management Board, Chief Commercial Officer;
- Dina Nurpeissova – member of the Management Board, Chief Financial Officer;
- Azamat Uisumbayev – member of the Management Board, Chief Corporate Officer;
- Kirill Strashenko – member of the Management Board, Chief Technical Officer;
- Daniyar Ibrayev – member of the Management Board, Chief Information Security Officer;
- Malik Amardinov – member of the Management Board, Chief Digital Development Officer.
A brief biography of the new member of the Board is presented below:
Malik Amardinov in 2008 graduated from the Academy of Banking of the Kazakhstan Alatau University, Faculty of Finance, in 2016 graduated from the Kazakhstan Engineering and Technology University, Faculty of Higher Technical Education. Total work experience – 16 years in IT, 12 of them in senior positions in the banking sector. Most recent positions are Executive Director and Chief IT Architect of Fortebank, where Malik successfully led all IT development and synchronized over 10 project teams.
Irina Martinez (Shol)
Tel: +7 7012111202
Kcell is a national provider of the digital telecommunications services: mobile and fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) services, data transmission and Internet access, financial services, digital services and mobile applications, IT solutions in the field of system integration, the Internet of things, machine-to-machine connectivity, collection and processing of big data and cloud computing. Kcell is also a leading mobile operator in Kazakhstan providing the ‘smartphone+tariff’ service.
Kcell has become the largest digital ecosystem in Kazakhstan with a competitive advantage through its value-added services such as mobile financial services, mobile TV, online movies, music, books and magazines, as well as unique solutions for business customers. The company holds leading positions in the B2B market thanks to its strategy of vertical infrastructure solutions and development and implementation of the cutting-edge technologies. The company’s 4G/LTE network covers 67.5% of the country’s population and provides high quality services.
The company operates under its two brands – Kcell and activ that are widely recognized in our highly competitive telecom market due to the high quality of customer service. Thanks to its clear multi-brand architecture, Kcell increases its business efficiency in the B2C segment through optimal pricing for bundled offerings, customer base profitability management and network quality.